Monday, May 14, 2012

Well, that last post has the undertones of old passive aggression about the northern beaches! Better out than in.
Have just driven down the highway from Sydney, such a lovely and easy run. That part especially that stretches from Goulburn to Braidwood, the skies getting bigger and darker, the poplars in the night like ghosts. And me and the endless night, the expanses expanding before me, into lands undiscovered and bathed in more mystery by the night. Tom Waits and a rumbling old warm car, fresh night air and high beams illuminating ghost gums and their silent limbs.

Arrived to a lovely little home, all warm and cosy with the departure of Mum and Ken who have just added loving little details to the place, a lamp here, a paint job there, a rearrangement of sorts, adding to my aesthetic and making the place even more of a cosy home. So quiet, so nice. And tomorrow I get busy fixing and unpacking, an old pair of chairs need painting, a bike tyre repaired, a studio to be warmed by my restless hand, blackberry bushes to be pulled out, but now, a bath to be had and a quiet nights rest xx

1 comment:

darren harrison said...

Hi Rose- thanks for that bit about braidwood and the year my voice broke- I loved it, too- see www.justafalsealarm@blogspot.com.au