Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I have to tell this funny story!

I lost my keys yesterday and drove myself MAD finding them!
I opened the door...threw my bag on the couch, changed shoes, went to the ladies, then left the house..realising then, I didn't have my keys.
So the last 36 hrs have been spent in a total spin of chaos searching top and bottom, driving myself absolutely mad and being distracted by the search completely.
I even went through the compost, the toilet (thinking perhaps I flushed them!) I turned the place inside out, turned every piece of furniture over, and started suspecting the strange old garden gnome that came with the house, was at fault. He does have a guilty face.
 I was clutching at straws and in reflection its totally comical watching myself in a frenzy rummaging through everything. I eventually found them in the couch, yes, the same one I turned over twice, hanging on the inside of the arm.
When I found them I could finally jump in the car and do things and Oh what a feeling!

But really, it was a perfect way to acquaint myself with every nook and cranny of this house. I raked through the garden and spied under every leaf, no surface or space was overlooked, I suspected every branch of stealing, and confused ancient faded chocolate wrappers, glimmering from under the bushes, to be a key I had somehow flung out to the shrubbery.
And a good chance not to jump in the car and visit people, or run to the tip, climb the mountain, cruise to the river, visit neighboring towns. But to stay at home and finish the door, perfect the arrangement of the rooms, tidy, sort, display, clean, relax.
This morning I was up early, and it wasn't as cold, I was actually too warm in my 2 doonas and 4 blankets, which makes the heaviest weight upon me in bed! But I got out and into the morning to climb the mountain. Gilamatong, and she kneels softly beside Braidwood leading our eyes up and out. Up there was warm and Rosella's, gullahs, magpies, cockatoos, currawongs and budgies played in the morning light, swimming through trees waking the day. And a beautiful view from up there, out to Mt palarang, the ranges, the ridges, the dams, the lines of poplars, the soaring birds.







If there is anyone actually reading this blog, and you would like to know what Braidwood looks like, rent out the film 'The Year My Voice Broke'. The physical town hasn't changed too much, and its a really lovely Australian film with Ben Mendelsohn and Noah Taylor, and you can see a lot of  the surrounding countryside.


                                                   Braidwood, sunset, Tuesday 8/12.




No comments: