Friday, September 2, 2011

Barcelona to Mallorca





The lady I visit here is barcelona herself, warm and full of tourists! Bronzed Europeans in all their amazing skin tones of deep olive and caramels, interesting to see. They wander around shopping and eating and spending and looking fabulous and eating gelato together. Young couples and families at the end of the Euro summer break, getting memorable snaps. All the Aussies seem to be at this hostel Im staying at, hundreds of them, and all young, having their first trip away, meeting up with other Aussies to go get pissed at Ibiza. Its not really my scene here in the hostel and to be honest I have struggled being here, and have had to spend most of my time walking and exploring outside the hostel, I feel like a bit of an old lady! Its because I have been spoiled this whole time with wonderful comfortable lodgings.





I havent thought much about what happens after visiting Lin's, I have been waiting to get to this island to see what will happen, to see how it will unfold. Though as she is sick and now not working, and juggling all the friends that come to visit from all over the world on their summer break, I feel I need to be prepared for this trip to be cut shorter than expected. I still dont know what will happen and this is fine but its good to be prepared. I spoke to Lin yesterday and we are both very excited to see eachother, the island and its charms await me tomorrow after a long boat ride along these warm meditaranean waters. We will see!






No comments: