Wednesday, November 12, 2008



Today..
I bought a banana on Portobello road and ate it curbside whilst watching beard clad gentlemen ride bicycles with leather knapsacks.
I strolled through notting hill and took photos of english rose gardens in the morning light.
I walked through the shades of histories minds, being chased down by the cheekiest squirrels in Hyde park, under falling wintry leaves, down winding bankside paths in bruegelesque tones.
The light, dramatic through looming dark clouds, and the wind rocking white dinghys in the choppy slate couloured lake. Fat geese and swans paraded like i was there to see them.
I was in a pisarro painting all afternoon as i walked down orange and yellow leafed trees and found buckingham palace, sketched the luminous gates, lay in green park with the squirrels and we snacked on raisins.

I ended my last day in london with a glimpse at the old tower on tower hill, a meander down piccadilly, popping into the national portrait gallery catching an annie leibovitz retrospective, and a squiz at the royal academy of arts ( all shows - byzantium and giacometti - were £12, beyond my budget, although i got a free catalogue :-). All in all, london has overwhelmed me in pace and size, but also touched me in colour and culture. xx

No comments: